Rachael C. Chan
J.D., magna cum laude, Santa Clara University School of Law 2009
- Senior Production Editor, Computer & High Technology Law Journal, Vol. 25
- President, Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Quarterfinalist, Galloway Moot Court Competition
- Marshal, Phil Alpha Delta
- Witkin & CALI Awards: Legal Research & Writing, Business Organizations, Federal Courts and Jurisdiction, Constitutional Law II
B.S., Biology, summa cum laude, University of Massachusetts 2001
Rachael C. Chan is an associate of Ricketts Case, LLP. Rachael concentrates her practice on business and commercial litigation matters and class action defense. She has represented some of the nation’s largest food, technology, and retail companies in federal and state court and in arbitrations before FINRA and the AAA. Rachael also has experience representing clients in breach of contract, fraud, intellectual property, antitrust, and securities actions. She has handled all aspects of civil litigation, including dispositive motion practice, fact discovery, expert discovery, opposing motions for class certification, dispute resolution, trial, and the appeals process.
Rachael has represented clients in a wide variety of pro bono matters, but concentrates her practice in immigration law. She has successfully assisted clients from Mongolia, Mexico, Tunisia, and Yemen in gaining asylum, permanent legal resident status, U-visa status, and employment authorization.
Prior to joining Ricketts Case, Rachael was an associate in the San Francisco, California office of an Am Law 50 firm.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- California Supreme Court