J.D., University of California, Irvine School of Law 2017
- UC Irvine Law Review – Senior Research Editor, Lead Article Editor
- Experian//Jones Day Moot Court Program – Board Member, Competitor
B.A., cum laude, University of California, Irvine 2013
- Two-Time Qualifier for NCAA Division I Championships in Track and Field
- UC Irvine Big West Male Scholar-Athlete of the Year, 2013
Sam Hyams is an associate of Ricketts Case, LLP. Sam represents clients in a wide variety of complex business pre-litigation and litigation matters in federal and California state courts, including class actions and employment law disputes.
Sam’s experience includes contractual disputes, unfair competition issues, and commercial real estate litigation. Sam is particularly knowledgeable regarding various consumer statutes, such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and privacy-related laws in the United States, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the New York SHIELD Act. He has a CIPP/US privacy professional certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Prior to joining Ricketts Case, Sam was an associate at an Am Law 50 firm specializing in consumer financial services and data privacy. Sam attended the University of California, Irvine School of Law. While in law school, Sam worked as a Senior Research Editor for the UC Irvine Law Review and argued a habeas corpus appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit as a member of UC Irvine’s Appellate Litigation Clinic.
- Co-author, A Primer on the Ethics of Legal Advertising, Orange County Lawyer (June 2018), available at https://www.ocbar.org/All-News/News-View/ArticleId/2367/June-2018-Ethically-Speaking-A-Primer-on-the-Ethics-of-Legal-Advertising
- Co-author, UCI School of Law Stands Up for Veterans, Orange County Lawyer, November 2016
- Presenter, Trust Accounting in Law Firms to the Orange County Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators, June 2018
- UCI Law Alumni Association – Elected Member of the Governing Council
- Federal Bar Association’s Orange County Chapter’s Young Lawyers Division – Board Member
- Public Law Center’s Family Law Unit – Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney
- UCI Law Pro Bono Clinics – Attorney Supervisor
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) – CIPP/US Certification
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association